is the smallest emirate in the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
, but it offers a strategic business location
, as it is situated between Dubai
, and it connects the West and the East through its opening to the Arabian Gulf. Investors interested in opening a business in Ajman
should know that the Ajman Emirate
established in 1998 a free zone
, which has flourished since its beginnings. One of the most important industries in Ajman
is the real estate sector
; if you need more details about this industry, our team of lawyers in Dubai
can offer you in-depth information.
Types of companies available in Ajman
According to the legislation applicable in Ajman, foreign investors can choose from four types of legal entities, with the following characteristics:
• joint liability company
needs at least two partners, who must be citizens of UAE
and who can become liable with their own properties for the company’s liabilities;
• simple commanding companies must have a minimum of two partners, who are divided into two categories –partners in joint liability company (described above) and partners in partnership companies, who are liable in respect to their shares in the company;
• the limited liability company must be constituted of a capital of at least DHS 150,000 (Emirati Dirham), divided into equal shares; the partners (minimum two, maximum 50), are liable for the company’s liability according to the shares owned in the business.
• services agent – the representative of the company should own a passport issued by the Emirate of Ajman.
Investors who want to set up a business
here can also incorporate a company
as a subsidiary or a branch
. Please note that some of the legal entities
available here require that a minimum of 51% share ownership to belong to a UAE citizen
; our law firm in Dubai
can present more details upon this provision.
Documents required for incorporation in Ajman
Incorporation of a company in Ajman
is done through the Trade Register
; the investor should submit the following main documents in order to receive the right to conduct a business in a certain field of activity:
• the articles of association;
• the certificate of incorporation;
• a passport copy of the representative.
Our attorneys in Dubai
can present to you a detailed list of all the documents necessary for opening a business
here and can offer you assistance throughout the incorporation process